Friday, June 22, 2007

Eight random facts about me

Orli at Neurontic tagged me, so here I go:

1. I was once very keen on Occult and used to do tarot readings for my friends (mostly telling them what they wanted to hear) using playing cards while at IIT. Once , in my first job, I used a company conference room to educate the rest of my coworkers about tarot. I still have a tarot deck, though I've disavowed everything occult as of now!!

2. Like Orli, I too ran away from home, when I was a child. I ran away because of a dispute over a cup of tea. I gave up drinking tea, for many years, as a sort of penance for my bad deed. That penance is over , so I wont mind if you ask me out for tea/ coffee.

3. I liked the music of Cliff Richards so much, I have most of his records. Now however I am more of a fan of Kenny G and collect his albums instead. You are welcome to send me one.

4. As a boy, I usd to read popular detective novels/ pulp fiction in Hindi, that were normally on sale on railway counters. These were meant to be for adults. These included shady authors like Ved prakash sharma, Surendra mohan pathak etc. My Amazon wish list consist of cognitive science textbooks as of now.

5. I have a good collection of cognitive science books to whom I keep adding new stuff. The trouble is I haven't read even half of what is in my 'library', but just cant resist buying another great book if I happen to see one in a bookstore.

6. I like to dress in formals, although Jeans and T-shirt is the norm in software industry.

7. when I was a child I used to make lofty goals for myself. A sample being: " prevent the third world war" , "win three noble prizes- peace , literature and science- and in that order". Now my goals are more modest.: taking my blog back to 60000 technorati ranking it had a couple of months back:-)

8. I am a trained counselor, who took training at Snehi, a mental health NGO based in Delhi, for counseling people, but could never spare time to do some actual counseling. I did try counseling my friends though, but with mixed results.

I tagged neurobloggers earlier and got scant response, So I'm tagging with caution this time.
I tag
Archana at the "of bamboo and elephant grass"
the Kid at " Spoken like two ENFP"
Talia Mana at the "Center for Emotional Well-being"
Tarun at the "Musings of an Iconoclast"
Prerona at the "Ricercar"
Paul at the "Memoirs of a postgrad"
Anes at the "Peripersonal Space"
Kevin at the "IQ corner"

The Rules:

1. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
2. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
3. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been

Sphere: Related Content


Archana Bahuguna said...

Will do the tag soon, currently too bundled up with lots of shifting/univ other stuff.

Btw, interesting to know that you ran away from home :-).

Ricercar said...

hey! i missed this! sorry. i will do it now :)

The Kid said...

I completely missed this tag... will do it soon! :)